After more than 10 years of development we are happy to announce the release of Requality 1.0.
The new version emphasizes the readiness of the tool to support requirements management process of safety-critical software development.
There are ongoing projects aimed to develop avionics software according to DO-178C Level A that uses the Requality as the main requirements management tool.
- Server repository for storing history of development of requirements catalogue and team collaboration with explicit operations:
- for storing local version of requirements catalogue into the repository;
- for checking out requirements from the repository for local edit/review.
- Presentation of history of modifications of requirements catalogue.
- Presentation of differences between particular versions of requirements catalogue.
- Automatic per-object versioning:
- Each element of requirements catalogue gets an individual version that is incremented automatically when one of internal attributes is modified and the modification is committed to the repository.
- Which attributes are considered as internal is configured on per project basis.
- Support for cross-project references.
- Explicit support for "define term"-"use term" relation between objects.
- Search through requirements catalogue:
- Search in Requality project for elements by any attribute including all kind of identifiers.
- All editors get support for search of specific string in text.
- New report template "Table View" that represents requirements specification in the form convenient for formal review as far as:
- it includes references to related objects (including definition of terms used);
- it allows to generate report for several related projects (e.g. high-level requirements and low-level requirements) with HTML cross-references between them.
- Export/import requirements to LibreOffice Writer for editing in office suite environment.
- Mass operations support:
- Attribute Value change.
- Attribute Type/Name change.
- Support for ReqIF export and import (in the form compatible with IBM DOORS 9.4).
- WebAPI provided to simplify integration with external tools.
- The speed of report generation is significantly increased.