Clade is a tool for intercepting build commands (stuff like compilation, linking, mv, rm, and all other commands that are executed during build). Intercepted commands can be parsed (to search for input and output files, and options) and then used for various purposes:
- generating compilation database;
- obtaining information about dependencies between source and object files;
- obtaining information about the source code (source code querying);
- generating function call graph;
- running software verification tools;
- visualization of all collected information;
- and for much more.
The interception of build commands is independent of the project type and used programming languages. However, all other functionality available in Clade IS dependent. Currently only C projects are supported, but other languages and additional functionality can be supported through the built-in extension mechanism.