Requality 0.20 released
Version 0.20 of Requality has been released with some new important additions mostly aimed to improve support for development of requirement catalogue from scratch.The new features include:
- New customizable templates for Requirements, Text Nodes and other elements.
- Templates can be defined from scratch or extracted from existing element.
- Context menu of Requality Explorer now allows to create element from a template or from scratch.
- Active template can be chosen to be used as a default for all new elements of specific type.
- New kind of elements in requirements tree TEXT NODE added. It can be used to represent informative text incorporated into requirements tree. Text nodes can be converted to a requirement and vice-versa. There are two types of text nodes supported: ordinal text and headers.
- Improvements in requirement attributes:
- Support for user-defined enumeration types. Enumeration types can be created from scratch or can be extracted automatically from a set of values used by an attribute with the given name across a project.
- Scope is supported for non-generated attributes.
- Improvements in requirement editors:
- Brand-new editor — Module Editor optimized for development of requirements from scratch. It can be used to create and to edit requirements and text nodes.
- New dialog to edit attributes that is activated on creation of a new element or by explicit user request.
- Unification of hot-keys.
- Pop-up menu for actions on active element (Ctrl+D) and short hot keys for listed actions.
- New report template — Trace that provides a simple report to overview dependencies between requirements.
- Improvements in customizability:
- New sorting of elements of requirements tree that follows order explicitly defined by user.
- User-Visible Id construction made customizable by means of attribute "ignoreName" that forces to ignore name of an element that has such attributes set.
- New option in project settings that defines a default approach for identification of requirements: «By User-visible name» or «By Full name».
- Default distribution of Requality is switched to bundles that includes Eclipse and all required plugins installed.
- Minor improvements in dialogs:
- New warnings when an element referenced by someone is be deleted.
- Some dialogs now ask for confirmation when there are changes and cancel is requested.
A complete list of changes can be found in changelog.